Tuesday, January 27, 2009
You ever had one of those days?
You ever had one of those days when everything that could go wrong does? I woke up this morning nauseated and with a sore throat, I was in a very bad mood. Brady decided that to cheer me up he needed to take every chair in the house and put it in my way while I was trying to get ready for work. Needless to say all it managed to do was piss me off. I get to work and the first thing to go wrong is they give me my lunch break 20 minutes early, that's bad when you have to work an 8 1/2 hour day. Then a coworker of mine comes through my line with a blue Wal-mart bag and tells me to fill it with her groceries. These bags never rip, and would you believe it I managed to put a rip in it. She was not very happy with me, and I definitely wasn't very happy with myself. Then they decide to give me my last break of the day 20 minutes late. Man sometimes I wish I was a CSM so I could make the schedules, maybe then they'd see how annoying it is to not be released on time. The rest of the evening has been o.k. but I can't wait for my massage appt. tomorrow. I am sooooo sore in my back and neck. Oh well tomorrows a new day luckily. Smile it makes people wonder. Love you guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I use to cashier at Target and let me tell you, I had the worst days when I was cashier.... I heard wal-mart is worse, so sorry you had a bad day...
Massage? How lovely. I'd like to be on the receiving end of a massage. It seems that I am forever rubbing either Dennis's or Breane's back. They should be me.
Tonight is craft night. We are doing Valentine's. They are so cute. Bre has made two already and I've finished one. Just to see how they'll look.
how fun, it sounds like they'll be adorable. IT's snowing up here again today. Man I'm tired of the snow now
Mom, oh, that's right! Tonight is craft night! Have fun with Rachel! She's the best!
Bridget, you just need to transfer to Meat Dept. where you will have nothing to do. And I do mean NOTHING. I remember it vividly. I got to work at 3:00 and I was on the schedule until 10:00. Well, by 3:10, I honestly couldn't find another thing to do. I was very tempted to just punch out and leave that night.
A few weeks later, after being chastised by the Bakery Manager for having a Mountain Dew in the back room, (who makes these rules?!) I wrote a little note explaining my dis-pleasure and the fact that I honestly couldn't work for Wal-Mart for one more minute. I walked straight to the timeclock and clocked out for the last time. It's one of the better decisions I ever made in my life.
Looking back, it might have been amusing to keep working there to see how much trouble you would need to get into before you finally got fired. But it wasn't worth the energy. The pain of working there was greater than my own personal amusement.
YMMV. (Your mileage may vary.) :)
Take care.
P.S. Oh yes, the same night I quit, the new Assistant Manager of that side of the store introduced himself to me and obviously he was a little curt with his conversation because I'm sure he was briefed about me from the other managers.
The funny thing is, I saw him coming a mile away and I had a sort of nonchalant attitude during our conversation. I remember thinking: "Oh please, just fire me."
He wasn't very impressed with me. (( It just reinforced my experience at Fred Meyer and the fact that managers simply don't like part-timers. I suppose full-timers are more dedicated and they are trying to climb the ladder to work their way up to Store Director or District Manager. )) Oh well. You can't please everyone. I never saw him again. :)
Oh yeah I forgot you worked there Brandon.
Post a Comment